Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 1: 6/1/09 Traveling and Arrival to Taiwan







Day 1
Monday, June 1, 2009:
Traveling quite a long way makes a man in his mid 20’s a bit tired, but luckily I had a good travel companion in Tammy. I also got to watch 2.3 movies on the plane. I usually do not make time to watch movies so this was a special treat. Watching “Gran Torino” set the stage for observing how cultures can collide and even mesh. As I arrived, not speaking the language was difficult. Luckily, I thrive feeling lost in translation. One of my roommates is a senior resident in Plastic Surgery named Yi. He’s a quiet fellow with a gentle demeanor. My other roommate is a kind and overly excited gentleman from Canada. He has a girlfriend who is also doing rotations with him here in the ER.

1 comment: